Skip to main content
0:50

Trish Baker

197:21 - 198:11

"we have to make a decision third quarter this year of which way to go if there's going to be a gas pipeline, we don't need to import, but we need to know that because we're running out of Runway to have enough time time for an import facility to be built in time to meet our gas requirement."

“we have to make a decision third quarter this year of which way to go if there's going to be a gas pipeline, we don't need to import, but we need to know that because we're running out of Runway to have enough time time for an import facility to be built in time to meet our gas requirement.”
Community
Alaska News
Location
Anchorage
Captured at
June 1, 2026

From the transcript

That said, we have to make a decision third quarter this year of which way to go if there's going to be a gas pipeline, we don't need to import, but we need to know that because we're running out of Runway to have enough time time for an import facility to be built in time to meet our gas requirement. So that's our situation. The banking agreements I was referring to, we have what's called an under list agreement with hilcorp, meaning gas produced today that we it's reserve gas beyond our immediate requirement they have access to now and they will return that to us after this contract expiration in 2028. And we have a what's called an exchange agreement with Marathon. It works the same way.

Related Coverage

ENSTAR says it locked in a price for Alaska LNG

ENSTAR announces $16/MCF North Slope gas contract price, comparing favorably to LNG imports but representing significant increase over current Cook Inlet costs; Southcentral utilities face 2026-2029 contract expiration deadlines requiring pipeline or import facility decisions.

Bill AlaskaNewsby Bill AlaskaNews4mo ago2 min read
Anchorage1
Cover image for article: ENSTAR says it locked in a price for Alaska LNG